One of the most important things that we can do every day–at least say thank you to express your gratitude. If you want to improve your spiritual power, this below steps will be especially helpful. Remember: God loves you, and loves to hear from you.
1. Act upon your faith so you can believe whether or not you understand that God is the creator of the universe, is your Heavenly Father, and is an important part of your daily life. It is essential to develop effective, regular prayer habits so you can be filled with the holy spirit.
2. You can begin your prayer by saying “Dear God”, “Dear Lord”, “Heavenly Father”. From here, begin thanking and praising God for all of the good things in your life, be specific.
as example: “Dear God, Thank you for my family; that my kids are doing better and will soon they become a good person who believes in you and thank you for helping me always.”
3. Say whatever is appropriate for you and your situation. There are no specific words or prayer that you have to say. You can thank Him, you can ask Him for things, but you do not have to say any specific words! Say what expresses your praise, your needs, desires and ask for the will of God to be done.
4. Ask God to forgive but first forgive others so God can forgive your sins. Unforgiving of others may prevent the Lord from honoring your prayers for forgiveness. First ask yourself, “Do I have anything against another that I need to settle?” Make it right, and confess the wrong deed. Again ask yourself, “Was I mean to anyone, did I lie, cheat, steal, or disobey my parents?” Ask God to forgive you for anything that you did wrong that day.
5. Pray in the Spirit and in the understanding — 1 Corinthians 14:14. Praying in the Spirit is a great way to pray to Jesus.
6. Name the sins you know that you have committed, and then ask forgiveness for the ones you’ve forgotten or omitted. Ask the Lord to reveal your sins to you. Remember that confession is your agreeing with God that you are a sinner. So it is not just about saying, “Lord I am sorry or I confess that I stole such and such.” It is also necessary that you confess that you stole because you are a thief. It is about putting yourself in a place of humility where God can change your character and make you like His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. His character is the one that satisfies the requirements of the Law of God.
- Then you and your friends can tell unbelievers about the Christ and the Father to prove God is real to them by the Holy Spirit so that you yourself and they can preach the message of forgiveness in Christ and being made right with God by grace through faith, not of yourself. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one can come to the Father except through Him. (John 14:6)
- Most importantly, remember that God’s will be done. Have the attitude of a servant, and desire God’s will and not your own. He is not a “genie in a bottle”.
Consider this acronym for prayer “A.C.T.S.”: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication.
So, ACTS means: Talk to him, telling him how much you love him; confess your sins, and thank him for what he has done for you that you could never repay, and pray for the needs of others.